So travel season is coming up! Wahoo! Unfortunately I was unable to make it to NAB this year and I’m not going to be able to go to LGM, either. It’s kind of a bummer. That said, I’m already planning on a whole bunch of other adventures. If you’re around for any of these, come on out!
- 2 May 2009: Northern Virginia Linux Users Group (NOVALUG) meeting; Reston, Virginia – I’m giving a “Blender for the rest of us” presentation, explaining Blender, what it is, and hopefully giving attendees something useful to go home with.
- 14-17 May 2009: Kalamazoo Animation Festival International (KAFI); Kalamazoo, Michigan – I’m working with Mark Puttnam and Jeff Hipolito to give a presentation on Animux, a Linux distribution designed for animators.
- 4-7 June 2009: Connecticut Film Festival (CTFF); Danbury, Connecticut – I’ll be giving a workshop on Blender on Friday and sitting on a discussion panel with three people who are much more important than me (one being the very cool Bassam Kurdali) on Saturday.
- 3-7 August 2009: SIGGRAPH; New Orleans, Louisiana – This year it’s in New Orleans! Whooo! There’s a possibilty that there will be a small Blender booth this year, where I’ll likely hang out a lot. If you’re into computers, technology, or animation (or any combination thereof), you should totally go.
- 23-25 October 2009: Blender Conference; Amsterdam, The Netherlands – There’s always good times to be had at the Blender Conference in Amsterdam. I’m not sure if I’ll be presenting anything again this year, but I’m certainly going to try. :)
That’s what I’ve got planned so far. And of course, locally, I’ll be going to as many Project Resolutions as possible… and we’re also doing the 48 Hour Film Project again. Wheeeeeeee! Hopefully I’ll see some of you cool folks at at least one of these things. Hopefully more.
Woah… this post has a lot of links in it. Wild.